Thursday, July 30, 2009

2nd Day of sang hwang suppository

Oh dear...when will san make me take the nasty fings?
Megat swaddled in preparation for the supplements...
The sang hwang suppository...
Megat in nifty orange - time to rest and relax after the whole ordeal...
He likes being swaddled and would sometimes fall asleep while taking the supplements!
After 30 minutes Megat got to get out but he decided to hang around in the computer room for a little while longer...


Tonight was not so bad. I got the suppository in one push although he protested rather sharply. Then I held him for a bit so he can relax. after which he got the rest of his supplements and then another session of just cuddling :) I thought he should have a change of towel, something that doesn't smell of ling zhi or pumpkin :). It was not as nerve-wrecking as last night- thats for sure.


Megat was also very much more relaxed and did not run out of the room immediately but opted to hang around the door, grooming. Then he went out to investigate salmon smells but returned to sit for a very short while with me in the computer room. I have yet to check the bins though but since I held him for much longer than yesterday, I am quite assured that no accident would happen. *cross fingers*

PS
I went to the bins and was quite horrified to see fresh poo. Of course like a good and desperate cat person I scrutinized each one closely and did not see the sang hwang. I asked Cousin R if she saw Megat going to the bins but she said Megat had been with her in the living room all this while and not in the bedroom or toilet. So I guess we are safe :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got piling (mouth) to a fine art, so it is now 'piling' thru the other end :) Just discovered that pet compounded medications allow pets' meds to be administrated easily thru creative ways. I'm considering compounding my cat's hyperthyroid medication into a transdermal gel which cld be applied to cat's ear and absorbed thru the skin. No piling !! There are several online pharmacies offering such service for pets. However, prescription meds require a prescription from a US licensed vet - if ordering meds from US.